Wanna Kaboom?

Monday, April 1, 2013
OK so I survived the first day back after break! As nice and relaxing (well as relaxing as it can be with an 11 month old!) as the break was, I kinda missed it. I came in today with so many new ideas that I had to start a notebook. I thought I would share one tonight!
This is my fabulous game I like to call KABOOM! It is made from an empty oatmeal container, pretty duct tape, and popsicle sticks... doesn't get much fancier than that! I got the inspiration from one of our first grade teachers that plays a similar game with her sight words. So of course my "speechie brain" insisted that I create an articulation version for my students. 

Here is how you play:
1. Write target words on popsicle sticks.
2. Make some *KABOOM* sticks (I made 4)
3. Put all the sticks in the container.
4. Have students take turns choosing 1 stick out of the container. If they say the word correctly, they keep their stick, if they say it incorrectly, they put it back in the container.
5. If a student picks a *KABOOM* stick, they put all their sticks back! (I also make they shout KABOOM :)
Disclaimer: This game is never ending... but you sure get a ton of arctic practice!!

This is how I store my sticks. Plastic baggies and labels are my organizational best friends!

 
Powered by Blogger.