So Thankful To Be an SLP… and So Much More!

Thursday, November 27, 2014
Happy Thanksgiving!! How was your week? Were you off, enjoying this beautiful chilly weather? I was working, but working holiday weeks are always fun. The kids are in the festive mood, so needless to say, so were our therapy sessions. I wanted to take a minute to write a quick post and just share how thankful I am this year for so many things. 
First off, I am so thankful to be an SLP. I am beyond thankful to have a job that I love. I am thankful for the opportunity to meet and work with some amazing families. After working in their homes and being a part of their lives for many days and hours each week, they seem like family to me. I am thankful that I have a job where I can see children learn and grow on a daily basis. I love their sense of humor and innocent outlook on life. 
I am incredibly thankful for this group of women pictured here. These talented SLPs have made me a better, more creative, and inspired therapist. We have known each other for over two years, however, we all met (in person) for the first time last week at ASHA. You would have never believed it because it truly is like we are all the best of friends. I am so thankful for this blog and all the inspiration it has brought into my life. I can't put into words exactly how thankful I am for you, sitting here reading this post right now. Your kind words of support, comments, feedback, and emails mean so much to me and inspire me to continue to write and create!
Words cannot express how full of love my heart is. I am so thankful for my beautiful family. I have an incredibly supportive, kind, loving husband and the most spunky, sassy, sweetheart of a daughter. I am so blessed to have them. 
Last but not least, I am so thankful for my GROWING family! Yes, the Cummings will be blessed with another little one in June! Keeping this secret has been so hard, but today is the perfect day to share the news!
I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, Thanksgiving holiday! Now go fill your tummies with lots of turkey!!
XOXOX

Powered by Blogger.